To provide a more functional bathroom for you and your family, you might consider replacing a bathtub with a shower. Smaller bathrooms will feel more open and less crowded. Visually, the bathroom could be more appealing and more accessible, and those who prefer showers to baths will be especially pleased with the changes.
Why Choose Bath Makeover by Captial for your Tub to Shower Conversion Project?
- Bath Makeover by Capital has been serving homeowners in the Boston area since 2005. Our experience and skills set us apart from other bathroom installers and make us a leader at what we do. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
- Our estimators and our crew are highly trained and ready to provide you with five-star service. We work hard to earn repeat business if you move or remodel other bathrooms.
- We are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our customers and we hold ourselves accountable to that commitment by delivering what we say we will.
- We stand behind our work and are determined to make your project safe, quick, affordable, and beautiful.
Converting Your Tub to a Shower Does Not Require You to Remodel Your Entire Bathroom
If you are satisfied or not ready to remodel the rest of your bathroom, know that converting your old bathtub to a shower can be done as a stand-alone project. Specifically, your toilet, vanity, and sink can stay unaffected. This can be particularly pocketbook friendly.
Things to Consider Before Beginning a Tub-to-Shower Conversion
Before you begin renovations, there are a few things you should consider to be sure a tub-to-shower conversion is the best option for your bathroom. Listed below are a couple of things you should think about:
- Consider the layout of your bathroom. Does it work for the people who are using it? If it is working well, you should switch out the tub for a shower. This type of upgrade may be perfect for you.
- Does anyone use the bathtub, and if they do, is it only because there is no shower? A shower and bathtub combination could be the answer if the people using the space have mixed opinions. Choose a bathtub to shower conversion if the bathtub goes mostly unused and a shower would fit the needs of the room better.
The Details of Bathroom Conversions
Naturally, before you begin a construction project, you want to know how much it will cost and how long it will take to complete. Listed below are some of the details and terms you should understand when a tub-to-shower conversion is being discussed:
- Shower pans: To promote proper drainage, shower pans are installed to ensure the shower works the way it should.
- Walls: When removing an existing bathtub and installing a new shower, your walls may need updating. Your project costs might increase depending on the materials you choose for this.
- Shower doors: Depending on the space and configuration, you may need to install a shower door when replacing a bathtub with a shower. The type and style you choose will impact the cost.
- Shower enclosure: Again, depending on the configuration of the shower, you may require a shower enclosure. The style and the type of enclosure you choose will have a lot of bearing on the cost of the project.
- Hardware: Shower doors often require hardware like hinges and handles. Sometimes, hardware is installed in showers to act as a caddy for bath products and needs. Once again, the cost will be determined by what you choose.
- Faucets: When designing a bathroom, choosing the faucets is one of the fun parts since it can affect the function and the design of the shower. The price of these varies depending on how basic or how many extra, or the finish you opt for.
- Safety: Adding safety features when performing a tub-to-shower conversion is the perfect time to make sure your shower is accessible for those using it now or in the future. The addition of handrails, grab bars, and shower seating can make using a shower much safer for people with mobility issues.
- Shelves, cubbies, and nooks: Adding a spot or two within your shower to keep the products and accessories you use there organized while converting your tub to a shower is a perfect time to add storage to make things more convenient and functional.
The professional tub to shower installers with Bath Makeover will take care of the issues surrounding your installation. Some of these are as follows:
- We will ensure that your bathroom renovation has the permits required to complete it. Costs may vary.
- Our team will dispose of the old materials that are being removed. These might include the building materials, the old bathtub, walls, and pipes that have been taken down.
- Pipes often require replacement or need to follow a new route for your shower to work properly. Depending on the type pipes that you already have, you may need to upgrade the pipes during the renovation of your bathroom.
- Mold and mildew can be a problem, especially in older homes. This will need to be addressed before the new shower is installed. Know that during the demolition process, some issues that were not previously known could be exposed.
- Bath Makeover offers financing so that you can install your new shower now and pay for it in affordable installments.
- Our warranties are some of the best in the business. When undertaking a big home improvement project, knowing that your investment is protected is key to the future and your present peace of mind.
Contact Bath Makeover by Capital Today
When you decide it is time to replace your old bathtub with a new shower, the Bath Makeover team is ready. To enjoy a new shower where your old tub used to be, contact us. We will review the site, take detailed measurements, and make sure we understand your needs.
We will discuss with you costs, financing, and warranties. Once we come to an agreement, we will set a date to begin demolition and construction. It is not unusual for us to be in and out in a day’s time. Reach out today to see what the Bath Makeover team can do for you.