Your bathtub is a centerpiece in your bathroom. When a guest walks in, it's usually the first thing they see. When your bathtub is cracked, peeling, or outdated, it can be an eyesore. How do you fix it?
Our team at Bath Makeover by Capital wants to help you make the best decisions when it comes to your bathroom remodel. We'll help you create a beautiful bathroom that will last for years to come.
How Do I Know if My Bathtub Needs an Update?
If you upkeep and clean your bathtub regularly, it may be hard to tell if it's time for a new bathtub. Perhaps you've only noticed a few cracks or peels, but even those minor abrasions could turn into a significant issue. So, what are other signs it's time to update your bathtub?
Some other tell-tale signs include:
- Peeling, Chipping, Staining, or Cracking
- Mold or Mildew Growth
- Difficulty Cleaning
When it's time for a bathtub replacement, failing to complete the replacement can result in significant damage to your home. When considering your options for bathtub replacement, keep in mind other contractors may suggest bathtub liners. These liners often add insult to injury and lead to more damage down the road—costing you more money. At Bath Makeover by Capital, we prioritize your budget and your home's safety.
Why Aren't Bath Liners a Good Investment?
Choosing which path to take for your bathtub replacement can be overwhelming. You want your bathroom to last for years to come and fit your budget and needs.
Bath liners seem like a great way to accomplish a quick bathroom remodel. Since bathtub liners just lay overtop your existing bathtub, there's no messy construction. However, this process can result in some extensive damage if not done precisely. Many contractors don't install the liner correctly since it's challenging to do.
When you opt to install a bathtub liner, you face risks such as:
- Mold and Mildew: Any residual water in your original bathtub can result in mold or mildew growth when the liner is placed on top. This growth can result in a strong odor or holes in your new bathtub liner.
- Not Budget-Friendly: Bath liner costs begin at about $850, and on average need to be replaced every three to five years.
- Challenging to Replace: Many bathtub liners are glued to the original bathtub, so they need to be cut out to replace them. This process can cause further damage to your original bathtub, which won't allow another liner to fit properly.
Why You Should Consider a Full Bathtub Replacement
Total bathtub replacements are an excellent investment for your home. Not only are you investing in your comfort, but your home's value as well. At Bath Makeover by Capital, we're committed to giving you the beautiful bathtub you deserve. Some benefits of total bathtub replacement include:
- Long-Lasting Products: Our acrylic bathtub replacements will last for years to come. On average, many homeowners have their bathtubs between 10 to 15 years.
- Quick, Efficient Tub Replacement: You may think of weeks of endless construction mess when you think of a bathtub replacement. Our expert contractors can install your replacement tub in as little as one day!
- Custom Accessibility Features: As our bathtubs get older, so do we. Create a bathtub with our inventory of accessibility features to ensure you always have a comfortable bathing experience.
- Unbeatable Warranties: All of our products are covered by industry-leading warranties, so you can have confidence in moving forward with your bathtub replacement.
Why Is Bath Makeover New England's Superior Bathtub Company?
At Bath Makeover by Capital, we dedicate ourselves to outstanding customer service. Since 2005, we've been helping owners customize bathtubs to fit their needs. Our professional bathtub installation team will help you create the most efficient bathroom you can enjoy for years to come.
Call Bath Makeover by Capital today for more information, or fill out our online form to request an in-home consultation with our bath remodeling specialists.
Subscribe to Bath Makeover by Capital's Blog